How to Start Trading on Degiro!
DEGIRO allows for the buying and selling of various market products and assets. For instance, if you want to trade stocks, here’s what you need to do.
- Enter the stock’s ticker symbol into the home page search bar after logging in.
- The overview page shows the stock’s graph, technical indicators, volume, and pricing.
- The order window can be accessed by selecting the “Buy” button.
- Order by selecting the appropriate option and filling in the quantity, price, and other necessary details.
- As soon as you click “confirm the order” on the order confirmation screen, your order will be sent to the trading platform.
- New transactions will show the pending order, while completed orders appear in the outstanding orders section. You may find your newly acquired shares of stock under the “portfolio” heading.
Experts from TradersUnion have conducted an in-depth analysis of the Degiro trading platform. Visit their site to see Degiro Review by Traders Union.
A Guide to Creating a New Degiro Account
Custody, Basic, Trader, Active, and Day Trader accounts are a few examples of DEGIRO’s many account kinds, each with its features and services. Custody and Basic accounts, for instance, do not have access to derivatives like options and futures, short trading, or leverage trading.
The following are the steps required to create a DEGIRO account:
- To create an account, visit the site and select “Open an account.”
- Enter your name, your email, and your username and password.
- After your email is verified, you can provide your details.
- Input the bank details and double-check that they’re correct.
- Please scan and upload a valid form of identification.
After processing your application, you can fund your DEGIRO account with as little as €/£0.01.
You can fund your account with a bank transfer or using an e-wallet service like Trustly or Sofort. Aside from that, funds can be withdrawn straight to the designated bank account. DEGIRO has no fees associated with making a deposit or withdrawal.
Check out Tradersunion’s “Best Paper Trading App” if you’re curious about paper trading.
Degiro’s trading options
DEGIRO connects its users to the bourses of fifty different countries. Its platform facilitates trading in the following market products:-
Using the “Morgan Stanley Smart Order Router” or “Direct to Market,” users can use this platform to place market orders for stocks on several European exchanges. Shares can be traded using a variety of order types, including Day Order, GTC Order, limit Order, Market Order, Stop Loss Order, and Stop Limit Order. However, the trailing stop order is restricted to the Xetra and Frankfurt markets. It is possible to trade penny stocks in DEGIRO if the exchange on which they are listed is supported. In addition, DEGIRO instantly updates your available funds whenever you get a dividend payment on an invested stock.
Traded Funds (ETFs)
It opens up the possibility of trading exchange-traded funds (ETFs) on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange and the Singapore Exchange, in addition to European markets. Trading in exchange-traded funds (ETFs) is available using the same variety of order forms as trading in stocks.
It facilitates bond trading via the “Direct to Market” route on European exchanges, supporting all order types.
DEGIRO facilitates the trade of options on global markets, including Eurex, CME, MEFF, and others. Options orders can be placed using any order type other than stop loss and stop limit.
DEGIRO’s “Direct to Market” service allows customers to trade futures on markets like IDEM, NASDAQ OMX Nordic-Helsinki, Eurex, and others. Stop loss and stop limit orders, like those found in options trading, are not available in futures trading.
It allows the trading of leveraged products on exchanges like Euronext Access Paris, Xetra, and the Börse Frankfurt. Only day, limit, and market orders can be used to trade such products.
The DEGIRO investment platform does not currently support contracts for difference (CFDs), foreign exchange (FX), or cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin. Only exchange-traded funds (ETFs) that hold such assets are eligible for trading in this market.
You can start trading on Degiro by opening an account. The minimum fund amount on Degiro is €/£0.01. On Degiro, you can trade stocks, traded Funds (ETFs), Bonds, Options, Futures, and Leveraged Products.
DEGIRO doesn’t support CFDs, FX, or cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin. This market only trades ETFs holding such assets.