5 Amazing and Tasty Sources of Protein
Protein is one of the most important macronutrients needed by the human body for performing different functions. From building muscles, cells, skin and hair nourishment, heart health, weight management, vision health, and many more, it is the most required nutrients. Though you can get it from different natural sources like beef, pork, veal, lamb, eggs, fish, poultry, crab, lobster, oysters, milk, yogurt, cheese, and others, you can get it with a wide range of supplements like plant protein powder, whey, and others. Our regular meal is full of carbohydrates that make us protein deficient. Supplements play an important role to fill the protein gap in the body. Here are five yummy sources of protein that you must include in your diet.
Five sources of protein:
Protein is widely present in our meal but lack of knowledge or plenty of carbs in the meal limits their impact. Here are five sources of protein that fills the gap of protein in your body.
- Plant protein: Most people know plants for their wide range of nutrients especially vitamins and minerals. Generally people are unaware that it consists of protein as well. There are many protein rich plants like peas, soy, edamame beans, spirulina, lentils, chickpeas, broccoli, kale, mushrooms, and many more. Many of them are used to make plant protein powder. The good thing about the plant based protein is that you get other nutrients like fiber with it that helps to improve your digestion system. These supplements are tasty and you can use them with juice.
- Muesli: It is getting popular these days because of its wide range of health benefits and nutritional value. Usually it is known as the kind of breakfast that helps in boosting heart health, boosting energy level, cognitive functions, weight management, and many more. You can consume it with yogurt and milk to increase its nutritional value and taste. Usually, muesli consists of fruits, nuts, oats, wheat flakes, seeds, and others. Including it in your breakfast empowers you to have a very good amount of protein to start the day. That is great for your daily mental and physical activities.
- Peanut butter: Looking for the tastiest solution for filling the protein gap in the body ? Peanut butter is the best solution you must include in your diet. The yummiest solution is quite famous among children and adults, so no need to convince them to eat healthy. Along with protein it has a fair amount of vitamin E, vitamin B 3, vitamin B 6, folate, copper, vitamin B 5, iron, zinc, potassium, antioxidants, selenium, and many more. People use it in their weight loss management, muscle strengthening, bodybuilding, and others. Add it in your milk, smoothie, or spread in bread and make your meal delicious.
- Seeds: Including seeds in your meal makes them one of the most nutritious diets. These are great sources of fiber as well that increases bioactivity of the meal. Incorporating them in the meal helps in regulating the blood pressure, blood sugar, cholesterol, and many others. Some of the seeds are flaxseeds, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, sesame seeds, hemp seeds, and many more. All of them are rich sources of fiber, omega 3 fatty acids, copper, protein, zinc, magnesium, and other nutrients.
- Nuts: There are many nuts like brazil nuts, pistachios, pine nuts, hazelnuts, almonds, pecans, cashews, and many others. All of them are tasty and rich sources of protein, fiber, copper, manganese, phosphorus, antioxidants, fats, manganese, selenium, vitamin E, and many others. No doubt these are yummy but their health benefits are great like weight loss, improved energy level, lower triglycerides, cholesterol, reduced inflammation, better digestion, improved immunity, and many more. People in bodybuilding use them for muscle recovery and protein. Having them in your regular meal can increase its taste and you get protein from the regular meal.
With good training, you can get a wide range of benefits from these supplements. Along with having the supplements, try to consume protein from the natural sources as much as possible. Before jumping to any of these supplements consult the doctor and make sure you have no allergies to them. Generally, it is safe to consume them. Bodybuilders and people concerned with general wellness, can take them and improve their health and complete wellness.